Wednesday, November 28, 2012

New House

November has been VERY busy for us. We finally closed on our house on November 5th and have been working on re-doing everything. We actually looked at this house over a year ago, but it was a short sale and there were already so many offers on it. Then we decided that maybe we wanted to build so we started looking at lots. Nothing was working out and we couldn't find an area we wanted to build in. We then found another short sale in Centerville and that ended up falling through. In May we started seriously looking again. I saw that this house in Centerville was still for sale. I knew there were probably multiple offers because it was listed at such a great price. We decided to drive by it anyway on the way home from errands one night. As we drown down the street and saw it, I was in love. I told Josh I had to have this house. I called on it when I got home and the agent said they finally heard back from the bank about an hour ago (they waited over a year for an answer from the bank). And 15 minutes ago they heard back from the first runners up and they already found a house. So there were currently no offers on the house. We called our agent and set up a time to see it the next day and then put an offer on it. That was on May 31st and we finally heard back in October.

We put in new baseboards, headers and casing. We got all new carpet and painted everything (including all the cabinets). We have done a lot of work this past month. Once everything is done I will post before and after pictures. But here are some pictures from this past month:

2nd family room - which will be the kids playroom.
This carpet is so gross!

The kitchen. The cabinet color and appliances have to go!

Ripping out carpet in the front room.

Twins room

Jackson's room. We love the tree! ;)

Kids bathroom

Kallie's room

Master bedroom

My closet and Kallie's "slide"

Another view of the master.
Happy that we will each have a closet!

Master bathroom

Kids playroom again

Jackson's room
Notice the new baseboards?

Kallie's room

Entry way

Looking up the stairs

Dallin working in the master bedroom.

Kallie helping in her new room.

Painting the twins room.

Ashlyn sanding the kitchen cabinets.

My dad is the master painter and painted most of our house!

Landon helping

Jackson's room
I got this idea on Pinterest. It was a pain, but now looks great!

Twins room

Kallie's room

Master bedroom

Jackson's room

No comments: